HB144 Tuition Waiver
Any student other than a non-immigrant alien who meets all the following requirements shall be exempt from paying the nonresident portion of the total tuition at Utah Valley University. Student information provided in this affidavit is strictly confidential unless disclosure is required by law.
• The student must have attended a Utah high school for three or more years.
• The student must have graduated from a Utah high school or attained the equivalent of a high school diploma (GED) in Utah.
• The student has not registered for courses at a Utah System of Higher Education Institution (i.e. college or university) prior to Fall 2002.
• The student must submit their official high school transcript(s) verifying a total of three or more years of high school attendance in Utah and graduation from a Utah high school or equivalent (GED) in Utah.
• A student, who is without lawful immigration status, must agree that he or she has filed an application to legalize their immigration status or will file an application as soon as they are eligible to do so.
• Students who hold a non-immigrant visa are not eligible for this exemption.
• The student must file a signed affidavit with Utah Valley University that indicates they have met all applicable conditions described above.
• Students eligible for this exemption who are transferring to another Utah public college or university must submit a new request (and documentation if required) to each college under consideration.
• Students meeting the criteria will have the non-Utah Resident portion of their tuition waived but will continue to be classified as non-Utah Residents.
In order to be considered official, high school transcripts must be submitted in one of the following ways:
- Emailed DIRECTLY from the high school to: email@example.com
- Sent by mail in an officially sealed envelope to: UVU Office of Admissions, 800 W. University Pkwy., MS 106, Orem, UT 84058
**Please be aware it may take up to three weeks for us to receive any documents by mail, so electronic is best.