HB118 Tuition Waiver

Any student who holds a valid non-immigrant visa who meets all the following requirements shall be exempt from paying the nonresident portion of the total tuition at Utah Valley University. Student information provided in this affidavit is strictly confidential unless disclosure is required by law.

• The student must have attended a Utah high school for three or more years.
• The student must have graduated from a Utah high school or attained the equivalent of a high school diploma (GED) in Utah.
• The student must submit their official high school transcript(s) verifying a total of three or more years of high school attendance in Utah and graduation from a Utah high school or equivalent (GED) in Utah.
• Students eligible for this exemption who are transferring to another Utah public college or university must submit a new request (and documentation if required) to each college under consideration.
• Students meeting the criteria will have the non-Utah Resident portion of their tuition waived but will continue to be classified as non-Utah Residents.

In order to be considered official, high school transcripts must be submitted in one of the following ways:

  • Emailed DIRECTLY from the high school to: admissions@uvu.edu
  • Sent by mail in an officially sealed envelope to: UVU Office of Admissions, 800 W. University Pkwy., MS 106, Orem, UT 84058
    **Please be aware it may take up to three weeks for us to receive any documents by mail, so electronic is best.

Admissions, Financial Aid and Scholarships
Supplemental Questions
  1. HB 118
    • 1. I have attended high school in Utah for three or more years.
    • 2. I have graduated from a Utah high school or have attained the equivalent thereof, such as a High School Equivalency Certificate, issued by the State of Utah.
    • 3. I am in the U.S. on a current visa as a non-immigrant.
  2. If you answered "Yes" to having a current, non-immigrant visa, please upload a copy.
  3. High School Information [Provide information on all school(s) you attended in grades 9-12.]
    • 1. Name of School
    • 2. State
    • 3. City
    • 4. From - (Month/Year)
    • 5. To - (Month/Year)
  4. In addition to any credentials necessary for admissions to Utah Valley University, you must arrange to have your final Utah high school transcript verifying graduation sent directly to the Utah Valley University Office of Admissions. The transcript must show completion of at least three years in a Utah high school or have the equivalent of a high school diploma in Utah.
  5. I declare under penalty of perjury that the information I have provided on this form is true and accurate. I understand that this information will be used to determine my eligibility for the tuition waiver. I further understand that if any of the above information is found to be false, I will be liable for payment of all non-resident charges from which I was exempt and that I may be subject to disciplinary action by the University.